Baldwin County, Alabama
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 21-0720    Version: 1
Agenda section: Action Items Status: Passed
File created: 3/25/2021 Meeting type: Baldwin County Commission Regular
On agenda: 4/6/2021 Final action: 4/6/2021
Agenda item title: Resolution #2021-065 - High Risk Rural Road Program (HRRR) Construction Agreement with the Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT) for the Installation of Enhanced Curve Markers and Edge Rumble Strips
Attachments: 1. Resolution No 2021-065 and Construction Agreement (REDACTED), 2. CR 9 Map, 3. CR 47 Map, 4. *BN3-Resolution 2021-065-SIGNED.pdf

Meeting Type:   BCC Regular Meeting

Meeting Date:  4/6/2021

Item Status:   New

From: Joey Nunnally P.E., County Engineer

Submitted by:  John Sedlack, Design Tech III

______________________________________________________________________

 

ITEM TITLE

Title

Resolution #2021-065 - High Risk Rural Road Program (HRRR) Construction Agreement with the Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT) for the Installation of Enhanced Curve Markers and Edge Rumble Strips

Body

STAFF RECOMMENDATION

Recommendation

Adopt Resolution #2021-065 and approve the High Risk Rural Road Program (HRRR) Construction Agreement with the Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT) for the installation of enhanced curve markers and edge rumble strips on County Road 9 from US Highway 98 to County Road 48 and County Road 47 from Interstate 65 / State Road 287 to US Highway 31.  Funding is subject to availability of Federal Aid Funds at the time of authorization.

Agreement shall be effective on the date of the approval by the Governor of Alabama and shall terminate on September 30, 2021, as to any work provided herein for which funding has not been authorized, unless otherwise terminated by either party upon the delivery of a thirty (30) day notice of termination. The State may unilaterally extend the time of the agreement.

 

End

BACKGROUND INFORMATION

 

Previous Commission action/date:  N/A

 

Background:  The Baldwin County Highway Department has been awarded an ALDOT Fiscal Year 2021 HRRR safety project to increase safety and reduce “run off the road” crashes on County Road 9 and County Road 47.  The measures proposed will include adding enhanced pavement makers in the curves and edge line rumble strips along the entire roadway.

 

FINANCIAL IMPACT

 

Total cost of recommendation:  $150,310.66.  Of this amount, ALDOT is funding 90% ($135,279.59) and Baldwin County will fund the remaining 10% ($15,031.07) from FY 21 approved budget.

 

Budget line item(s) to be used:  HW21109000-4CONTRCN-4CONTR SRV-4CONTRACT

 

If this is not a budgeted expenditure, does the recommendation create a need for funding?  N/A

 

LEGAL IMPACT

 

Is legal review necessary for this staff recommendation and related documents? 

No (standard ALDOT agreement)

 

Reviewed/approved by:  N/A

 

Additional comments:  N/A

 

ADVERTISING REQUIREMENTS

 

Is advertising required for this recommendation?  N/A

 

If the proof of publication affidavit is not attached, list the reason: N/A

 

FOLLOW UP IMPLEMENTATION

 

For time-sensitive follow up, select deadline date for follow up:  N/A

 

Individual(s) responsible for follow up: 

Commission Staff prepare correspondence, have Resolution and Agreement fully executed by Chairman and return to John Sedlack in Highway Department.

 

Highway Department staff to forward to the Alabama Department of Transportation for final execution.

 

Action required (list contact persons/addresses if documents are to be mailed or emailed):

Contact:

 

Mr. James Boyer, P.E.

Deputy Bureau Chief

Local Transportation Bureau

Alabama Department of Transportation

1409 Coliseum Boulevard

Montgomery, Alabama  36610

 

 

Additional instructions/notes:  N/A